We continue on monitoring the progress made by Team XRON with their custom CyanogenMod 7.1 ROM for the HP TouchPad. Recently Leoisright @ XDA released their latest version: vB2.8 which is a heavily modified and optimized CM 7.1 version for the TouchPad. Hopefully CyanogenMod 9 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is around the corner! Find out what’s new in CM 7.1 XRON-ified vB2.8 after the break.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
So what’s new in CM 7.1 XRON-ified? A lot! See the changelog below [from XDA]:
* This has bloat. either deal with it, or don't download...please don't ask anymore how to debloat. This has been covered many many times.
* For some, after you set up gmail, market app icon will apear, if not, reboot and should take care of it.
* Odex app (allows you to odex it yourself)
* Google Music built for the tablet
* ICS google search
* Syndicate ICS launcher (additional)
* DolphinHD Browser
* Wifi Buddy and wifi toggle widget
* Removed Stock Browser
* Remove Gallary3D replace with Quickpic
* Odexed now
* ICS menu soft keys (stock sdk)
* Different keyboard (blue and better in my oppinion)
* New battery icons (thanks to HO!NO! CM7 rom)
(also thanks to jbird for pointing this rom out to me, team syndicate for making a sweet rom)
* Zipalign system, data, and framework on boot FINALLY!
* Increased Net buffer tweaks
* Read ahead sets to 3072
* Moved Dalvik-cache to /cache now on boot
* Updated all apks
* Market 3.4.4
* Internet Speed Tweaks
* Disabled IO Stats
* Defrags database files
* ICS Nexus bootanimation
* Tweak build.prop
* Added File Manager to support apps in system
* Tweaked media.profile more for better response
* 1% battery mod (thanks hurtz777)
* Flashable thru recovery now
* Fix SOD issue
* Default allow unknown apps to install
* Opted pngs
Overall we found the battery life to be greatly improved from the past versions and our Wi-Fi are now gone! You will need to wipe your data and cache prior to flashing this ROM. Make sure to do a ROM backup and backup your apps and some system settings (homescreen layout for example) using Titanium Backup.
You will find the installation instructions and all the files to download on XDA @ [vB2.8 ODEXED][CM7 XRON-ified][Super Tweaked/rebloated].
Let us know how you like this ROM.