The Lenovo Ideapad K1 is another Android Honeycomb tablet that came out this year with very similar specs to the rest of them: NVidia Tegra 2 CPU, Honeycomb 3.1, 1 Gb DDR RAM and SSD Storage. Not bad and it is priced below the iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Given that it would have been a shame not to be able to root this tablet and truly customize it. Thanks to djmwj and digitalhigh @ RootzWiki, it is now possible to root / jailbreak the Lenovo Ideapad K1.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
Follow these instructions in order to root / jailbreak the Lenovo Ideapad K1 [from RootzWiki]:
1. Extract K1Root.rar to the directory of your choosing.
2. Connect your tablet to your PC with the USB cable.
3. With your tablet off, press POWER+VOL_UP+VOL_DOWN until the screen turns on, but displays only black.
4. Windows should detect the device, but not install drivers.
5. Go into device manager, select the APX device, choose update drivers, and install the drivers from the aptly named NVFlash_Drivers folder.
6. Open up the NVFLASH_HOME folder and run the file K1Flash.bat
7. Make your desired choices when prompted, and enjoy.
djmwj was able to identify the root process but it was a long and painful process. digitalhigh packaged all the files necessary and reduced the instructions above to the bare minimum to make this root exploit for the Lenovo Ideapad K1 available to everyone.
You can download K1Root.rar and ask questions to the developer @ Lenovo Ideapad K1 Rooting Guide (Clean)(WinDoze).