If you’ve been following us you know that the Nook Tablet can be fully rooted (if not check out How To Root Your Nook Tablet). Now that you’ve root privileges on your Nook Tablet you will want to also get access to all the Google Apps (Market, Gmail etc.). Thanks to anlog @ XDA this is now possible so let’s find out how.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
First you will need to root / jailbreak your Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet, you can find more information about it @ How To Root Your Nook Tablet.
Once it is rooted, follow these instructions to install Google Apps on your Nook Tablet [from XDA]:
1. Downloaded GApps package from goo-inside.me and extracted files.
2. Deleted the setupwizard.apk file from the set of extracted files (in the system\app folder).
3. Copied "system" folder from extracted files to tablet via USB.
4. Used Root Explorer to remount /system and copy files into their designated locations, and also set permissions (644) on all copied apk's in /system/app folder.
6. Ran the market, signed in with my Google account, and downloaded/installed Superuser. Ran the binary update within the app.
7. Install any additional apps from Android Market.
For item 1, simply go to http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ and download the latest Google Apps package (gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip).
You can get more details on XDA @ GApps on the Nook Tablet.