Leoisright and Team XRON picked up CM 7 Alpha 3 for the HP TouchPad tablet and are applying some modifications to make this release even better and more usable. This new custom ROM based on CM 7 for the TouchPad brings some Wi-Fi issue fixes, speed improvements and more. It can be flashed very easily using ClockworkMod Recovery on the TouchPad. Let’s find out more about CM7 XRON-ified after the break.
This new custom ROM can be downloaded on XDA @ [WIP][CM7 XRON-ified][CM7.1 Alpha 3] and has proven to be quite popular as it brings some improvements over the CyanogenMod 7 base. Here is a list of some of the changes included in the 3.x releases:
* Updated base to CM7.1 alpha 3
* Added back in wifi printed support
* Added wifi adb
* Gapps included (no need to flash after)
* Sound is working
* SOD seems to be working right now
* Wifi connects on multiple boots just fine and stays connected
* Flash thru recovery now working correctly
* Themed back to the blues that we all seem to like
* Most all gapps are updated
* Market working fine along with GMail
* Opted pngs
* Install non-market set to true
* Speed tweaks help by hurtz777
When you’re ready, go to [WIP][CM7 XRON-ified][CM7.1 Alpha 3] follow the instructions there to download CM_7.1_XRONified_v3.x.zip and to install it.
Interested in running Android on your HP TouchPad, check out our previous articles about it:
- CyanogenMod 7 Alpha 3 for HP TouchPad
- How To Install Android on the HP TouchPad
- Another Android Release for the HP TouchPad
Let us know how CM 7 XRON works out on your HP TouchPad.