The folks behind CyanogenMod 7 are making some progress with CM 7 on the HP TouchPad and they released their newest Alpha version right in time for Thanksgiving. CM 7 Alpha 3 for the TouchPad brings many fixes and improvement and this version can be used as your daily ROM which is impressive for an Alpha release. Let’s find out more about CM 7 Alpha 3 after the break.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, follow the instructions at your own risk.
This is the 3rd Alpha version of CM 7 for the HP TouchPad tablet, here is what changed since Alpha 2:
* Last prominent form of "sleep of death" fixed
* Webkit backing store(smoother scrolling)
* Minor improvements to 2D/3D performance in some apps
* Bluetooth DPad/arrows do not rotate with screen
* Battery stats now available to Android
* Serial# now populated
* Shorter hostname as a result of serial#
* General wifi fixes
* Preliminary Touchpad 4G support(no radio)
* Status bar should take less resources after an app goes full screen
* Possible fix for A2DP and wifi interference
* Possible fix for SD card not mounting
* Camera FPS improved but still nearly nonfunctional
Most importantly WiFi should now work fine (even so we did run into some issues during our testing but nothing that cannot be lived with) and they fixed the Sleep of Death issue. This ROM is fully usable which is great for an Alpha release!
If you’re interested and would like to install this custom ROM you can follow the instructions in the YouTube video below:
You can also follow this well written guide on XDA @ [GUIDE][Update][Android CM Alpha 3] How to Install CM Alpha on Touchpad.
You can find all the files to download and more information about this custom Android ROM for the HP TouchPad @ [Release][Alpha3]Cyanogenmod Touchpad.