Bada is an Operating System created by Samsung and first available with the Samsung Wave devices, critics have been quite happy with Bada and Bada 2.0 but there are not as many apps available for this platform than iOS or Android. That’s why you might be interested in installing Android 2.2 (Froyo) on your Samsung phones running Bada like the Samsung Wave S8500. Let’s see how after the break.
Disclaimer: Please note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device. Rooting or customizing your device can be risky, if you follow the instructions you should be fine!
First let’s see what works and doesn’t work:
What WORKS in this build
- WiFi (+dhcp)
- 3D Games (some maybe not)
- Launchers (tested TWLauncher, Zeam, LauncherPRO)
- Audio (FULL Working now)
- Video's (see my livestream.com example)
What does NOT work in this build
- Modem (3G, Calls, ETC) (works partially on oleg's build we're still working on it)
- Idle time (also known as the shutdown bug)
- Sensors (Causes battery bug)
You can see the installation instructions and download the files needed to run Android on Samsung phones with Bada @ [TUT] Install Alpha android 2.2 on your wave.
You can also follow the step by step instructions on how to install Android 2.2 on a Bada phone (Samsung Wave S8500):
All the credits go to ShadowAS1 @ XDA.