The Archos Internet Tablets (101, 70, 43, 32 and 28) are some of the best and most affordable Android tablets. While their screen isn’t as good as the Motorola XOOM screen, the sticker price is also not the same… Rooting the Archos 101 and others became even easier with the release of Archangel a one-click root utility for the Archos tablets.
Note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device, rooting or customizing your device can be risky. If you follow the instructions carefully you will be fine!
All the credits go to archaism1 @ XDA who released this one click root solution for the Archos 101, 70 and others. Archangel works on firmware 2.0.71, 2.1.2 and 2.1.3, many users have reported they were able to successfully root their device using this application.
Follow these instructions to root your Archos 101, 70, 43, 32 or 28 Internet Tablet [from Archos 101 one-click-root for firmware 2.0.71 using Archangel]:
- Download the app @ http://forum.xdadevelopers.com/showthread.php?t=928767
- Make sure you have 10mb of space available on the internal storage
- Make sure you are connected on Wi-Fi
- Run the Archangel app
- Click to install SuperUser application
- Click to get root!
- Check everything is working correctly, try an app which needs root
- Once you have root you can tick the “Permanent” root option to always have root.
- Party Hard!