The Samsung Nexus S came not only preloaded with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) but also with some new Live Wallpapers. Everyone loves them and thanks to dapoharoun @ XDA there is now an apk and an update.zip file to install those new Live Wallpapers from the Google Nexus S on any rooted Android device.
You can have a look at the new Live Wallpapers in the following screenshots:
To install the Samsung Nexus S Live Wallpapers on any rooted Android device, follow these instructions:
- You need a rooted Android device, search on TechHackz we have plenty of articles about it
- Download the file LiveWallpapers.apk @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=872923
- Copy the apk to your device SD card
- Using Root Explorer (or a similar application) do a backup of your existing livewallpaper.apk file (in /system/app folder)
- Then copy the new livewallpaper.apk file to /system/app on your device
- Reboot your phone and try out the new Live Wallpapers
There is also an update.zip file (@ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=872923) that can be used to install the Nexus S Live Wallpapers in Recovery mode.
You can see one of these Live Wallpaper called Microbes running on a Samsung Galaxy S below, it’s a nice one: