With all the different Android tablets that have been released recently we forgot about telling you how to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab! The Galaxy Tab is a really nice device, it comes with a beautiful 7-inch touchscreen, a 1GHz CPU and it is now available on all the major carriers. Let’s see how easy it is to root / jailbreak the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
There are different ways to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab, we are going to cover two of them. We’ll start with rooting it using SuperOneClick.
Note that we will not be responsible if you end up bricking your device, rooting your phone or tablet can be risky. If you follow the instructions carefully you will be fine!
Follow these instructions if you’d like to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab using SuperOneClick:
- Download the Samsung Kies software here, install it and connect at least once your Galaxy Tab
- Download SuperOneClick @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682. Kudos to CLShortFuse @ XDA for this app!
- Enable USB debugging on your tablet (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
- Connect your Galaxy Tab to your computer and press the Home button to exit the Kies application
- On your computer start SuperOneClick, click on Root and then wait
You now have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab, enjoy! You can check out our article about SuperOneClick @ SuperOneClick - One-Click Root for Android devices.
The second method uses z4root an application we covered recently in z4root – Another One Click Root Solution for Android, check out the video below which describes how to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab using z4root: