chaluxedeluxe @ AndroidCentral liked the Android 2.2 (Froyo) lock screen so much that he decided to release it for Android 2.1 (Eclair). Apparently the Froyo build for the Motorola Droid X isn’t quite ready for prime time yet so for those of you still running Android 2.1 on your Droid X you can still enjoy the new Froyo lock screen. Check out the instructions after the break.
All the credits for this lock screen hack go to chaluxedeluxe and you can download the files @ http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=297440#post297440.
Here are the instructions [from http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=297440#post297440]:
**Phone must be rooted and only for Droid X on 2.1
0. Put this .apk file on the root of your sd card.
1. Point your command prompt to where your adb is located. Usually where you installed the sdk.
2. Launch a shell on your device. Command: "adb shell" (without quotes)
3. Access superuser permissions. Command: "su" (without quotes)
4. Mount the system as writable. Command: "mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system" (without quotes)
5. Copy over the .apk to the systems framework. Command: "cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework" (without quotes)
6. Mount the system as read-only. Command: "mount -o remount,ro -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system" (without quotes)
7. Reboot the system. Command: "reboot"