The HTC HD2 is so far the best Windows Mobile device available and while it is very fast some developers have released an application to overclock it. By default the HTC HD2 runs at 768Mhz and can now run at higher frequencies, the device feels snappier when overclocked.
See a screenshot below of LeoCpuSpeed, as you can see the user interface is quite nice even so what it does is complex!
LeoCpuSpeed is a great application developed by NetRipper and can help you get the most out of your HTC HD2 by overclocking it, see below its features:
- Updates CPU speed every half second (calculated from the processor registered directly! not from some driver)
- Can stress the CPU to show you that it goes up to 998mhz under load (when idle speed is less than 998mhz)
- Disable autoscaling so that you can control the speed yourself
- Select the speed you want by moving the slider or pressing 768/998 presets
- Automatically disable autoscaling and set speed at boot (via menu)
Note that overclocking your device can be risky as with any modifications so use it at your own risk and also note that the overclock only works on AC power.
You can download LeoCpuSpeed and follow its XDA thread @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682663.