The HTC HD2 is one of the hottest device of 2009 and so far it wasn’t possible to flash or load a custom ROM on it. Well, the wait is over thanks to the folks over at XDA-Developers.
The SSPL or SoftSPL is still in beta but many people have been able to successfully install a custom ROM on their HD2 using this method. All the credits go to Bepe over at XDA-Developers.com.
It is safe since it doesn’t allow Radio or SPL flashing.
Using a custom ROM can bring great benefits: better battery life, better performance, newer OS releases etc. It unlocks the true potential of your phone.
Note that I won’t be responsible if you end up bricking your phone, unlocking or flashing your phone can be risky. If you follow the instructions then you will be fine!
Here are some instructions:
1. Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=606713.
2. Download the SSPL_RUU.zip file.
3. Extract the content of the SSPL_RUU.zip file.
4. Download a custom ROM for your HD2:
As usual Google is your friend.
5. The custom ROMs are typically in a zip file so extract the content of the zip file.
6. Copy the NBH file (typically RUU_signed.nbh) you found in the ROM zip file into the directory into which you extracted the SSPL_RUU.zip file earlier.
7. You should now have 2 files in a directory:
– the ROM NBH file.
Connect your phone to your computer and run SSPL_RUU.exe.
In the future if you decide to flash a different custom ROM you will have to first go back to your original stock ROM and then flash the new custom ROM.
You can find some instructions on how to do this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5038443&postcount;=1